Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Upcycle Military Uniform Cross Body Purse

Let's begin a series of Upcycling projects using a used military shirt.  First stop - a cross body purse.

My friend (the one who gave me her used uniforms) likes cross body purses, and i wanted to preserve all her military patches, so i decided to make a purse for her with all the patches.

The finished product




Let's see how I made it


the shirt before






cut out the front pieces


sew the bottom, sides together


boxed corner



i kept the buttons and button holes as one of the sides


sewed the loops to the sides for the strap


sewed zipper and lining to the outer fabric


i used a belt for one of my jackets as the strap

3 comments :

  1. So cool! I love the map fabric on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Susan! I picked the map fabric coz my friend is in the air force and she is now a world traveller. Very fitting right? :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! My fiance is in the Navy and it would be fun to make a bag out of his BDU's. It would have my last name on it! I like this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives