Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Upcycled Military Uniform Zipper Bags




To continue my quest to making things out of used military uniforms, I decided to make a few simple items that one can use everyday.  I like going on vacations, when I travel, I take my makeup and toiletries with me.   So I decided to make little bags to store my stuff in.

what you will need: used clothing, zipper, lining fabric, bias tape (or u can make your own)

The finished products



Let's see how i made them


i used military pants


cut the legs, from the knees


cut to unfold


cut out a rounded rectangle, cut one of lining


cut four pieces of fabric for the sides


baste the edges, with wrong sides together


baste the edges of the side pieces, wrong side together


sew the side pieces onto the fabric


sew the zipper


then sew the bias tape 


i made another one with different side pieces


hope you enjoy this tutorial, please feel free to leave a comment or question

3 comments :

  1. I've never sewn a bag with bias on the outside, but I like the effect. I'm going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u know? i never thought of it that way, i have always liked using bias tape on things coz i like the contrast, but yes for small baggies and zipper pouches i dont see this method too often lol

      Delete
  2. Wish it was easier I would make one for my son. He has a uniform he no longer wears. I just made a pillow out of the jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives